Tierras de Cair 2012
- Year 2012
D.O. Ribera del Duero
> 35 Years Old
Time in Barrel
Time in Bottle
12 months minimum
- Winemaker Michael Rolland
Awards & accolades
Tierras de Cair is the highest expression of the land of the different Payments.
Plots of more than 60 years are selected for this wine, with very low productions, in high and poor areas, with the intention of showing the concentration and potential of the old vineyards in the La Aguilera area. Alcoholic fermentation takes place in wooden tubs and later, malolactic fermentation and aging, is carried out in new French oak barrels.
The harvest began with Merlot at the end of September and culminated at the end of October with Cabernet Sauvignon. The wines are balanced, aromatic and concentrated, with excellent acidity, sweet tannins and lots of fruit.
- Colour Black cherry with violet hues around the rim. Very good depth of colour.
- Nose The nose is intense, with a good balance between fruit and wood, with touches of fine wood, leather and black chocolate. Compoted black fruits and spices: vanilla, cloves and liquorice. Pleasant dairy nuances also appear.
- Palate Its taste is ample, complex and powerful, with a good balance. Roasted and spicy tones also appear, well assembled with the ripe fruit. Silky smooth mouth feel with sweet tannins and a very long, lingering finish.
- Food pairing This wine pairs well with roasted and suckling lamb, meaty stews or ripe cheeses.