Rolland Galarreta Esencia 2012
France meets Spain
- Year 2012
D.O. Ca. Rioja
Time in Barrel
Time in Bottle
Minimum 6 months
Suggested temperature for serving
- Winemaker Michael Rolland
Awards & accolades
Rolland Galarreta Esencia, comes from selected vineyards with an average age of 60 years, located at an altitude more than 550 meters above sea level with a vineyards area of 8 hectares. Selected vineyards and located in the highlands of El Villar, Rioja Alavesa.
Made with 100% Tempranillo, the grape was selected with the help of Vistalys, an optical selection table by Bucher Vaslin, which carried out a strict control so that only berries in perfect condition would pass. The grapes had their stems removed from the grapes and the whole berries were placed into deposits. The grape underwent long maceration processes for 26 days at low temperature in oak barrels, run off by gravity and pressed with pneumatic and vertical press. Malolactic maceration was performed in new American oak barrels. This wine was aged in new American oak barrels for 18 months. Finally, the wine matured for at least 12 months in the bottle.
It is a classic, balanced and complex wine, in which you can distinguish floral touches, licorice and sweet spices notes.
- Colour Lovely deep dark cherry red colour.
- Nose A lively, delicate nose with licorice and leather aromas, with hints of black pepper. It keeps the essential aromas of compote fruit.
- Palate It is ample and fleshy and has elegance, complexity and power. On the palate, it shows soft tannins and licorice, a velvety structure and a long, delicious and persistent finish.
- Food pairing Red meats, stews, game, cured cheeses.