Rolland Galarreta Rioja 2014
France meets Spain
- Year 2014
D.O. Ca. Rioja
Time in Barrel
Time in Bottle
Suggested temperature for serving
- Winemaker Michael Rolland
Awards & accolades
Rolland Galarreta Rioja is a brand, created as a result of the experience and prestige of the famous French oenologist Michel Rolland, who brought his knowledge, gained in wineries around the world, and Javier Galarreta’s skills as an expert in styles and trends. With a leading oenology and from selected vineyards between 450 and 700 metres high in Rioja Alavesa with wine stocks with the average age of 25 years from El Villar town.
Made with 100% Tempranillo, the grape was selected with Vistalys help, an optical selection table by Bucher Vaslin, capable of selecting berries in perfect condition. The stems were removed from the grapes and the whole berries were placed into the deposits. The grape underwent a 26-days process of long macerations at a low temperature in oak barrels, stirred by gravity and pressed with pneumatic and vertical press. Malolactic maceration was performed in new American oak barrels, and the wine was aged in these containers for 12 months. Finally, the wine was matured for 12 months in the bottle.
It is a classical, balanced and complex wine, which floral touches, licorice and sweet spices can be distinguished.
- Colour This is a highly-concentrated, dark cherry-red wine.
- Nose A lively, delicate nose with liquorice and fresh fruit aromas of the Tempranillo variety, with spicy hints. It keeps the essential aromas of compote fruit.
- Palate It is ample and fleshy and has elegance, complexity and power. On the palate, it shows soft tannins and liquorice, a velvety structure and a long, delicious and persistent finish.
- Food pairing Red meats, stews, game, cured cheeses.