6 Unit Box Manuel Quintano Cepas Viejas 2018
The roots of Rioja
- Year 2018
D.O. Ca. Rioja
> 60 years
Time in Bottle
Suggested temperature for serving
- Winemaker Javier Cereceda
Awards & accolades
Manuel Quintano is a historical figure, born in the 18th century in Labastida, who became the forerunner of modern Rioja, as we know him today. Bodegas y Viñedos Labastida wanted to pay tribute to his figure with the Quintano Family Wines project. The old vineyard owned, the artisan elaborations in small open tanks and the aging in the best French oak barrels are the hallmarks of the winery’s ambitious new project.
Made with Garnacha grapes from three old vineyards. Previous fermentative cold maceration for 4 days and spontaneous fermentation in small tanks where each plot is made separately with pumping over and manual trampling. Subsequent aging for 10 months in barrels of 225 and 500 liters of used French oak.
Red color with violet reflections. Aromas of scrub grass, eucalyptus and mint. Great volume in the middle of the mouth and good persistence with mineral memories and very slight presence of wood.
- Colour Deep cherry-red in colour.
- Nose Aromas of macerated fruit, aromatic herbs, bread and figs.
- Palate Complex palate with flavours of ripe red fruits, raisins, tobacco and liquorice. Well balanced with smooth tannins from both the grape and the French oak. Shows excellent weight with a long and smooth finish.
- Food pairing Very versatile, it goes with many dishes including grilled vegetables, many types of meat dishes, stews and elaborate dishes. Ideal for chocolate-based desserts.