6 Unit Box Lar de Paula Terrazas 2015
Elegance is in Altitude
- Year 2015
D.O. Ca. Rioja
Time in Barrel
Time in Bottle
Minimum 4 months
French oak & american oak
Suggested temperature for serving
- Winemaker Jose Antonio Meruelo
Awards & accolades
The wines comes from barely 20-year-old vineyards, located in the centre of Rioja Alavesa, in El Villar de Álava, with a unique geographical situation, protected in the north by the Sierra Cantabria with some influence of the Ebro river microclimate. These are mostly limestone vineyards, which contribute to Tempranillo elegance and its definition with fruity intensity of a good sunshine, which characterizes these Rioja lands.
Made with 100% Tempranillo, harvested by hand, cluster by cluster. After selection, the grapes had their stems removed and the grapes were squeezed with prefermentative maceration at 16°C to obtain greater aromatic intensity with 12-day fermentation at a temperature between 28° and 30°C. The wine was aged in French and American oak barrels for 12 months, completing the process with maturation in the bottle for at least 4 more months.
- Colour Deep purplish red.
- Nose Explosion of primary aromas with complex and persistent nuances of black fruit and toasted notes.
- Palate Medium bodied with polished tannins but good intensity. A balanced pass in the mouth with fresh acidity.
- Food pairing This wine pairs well with red meats, legumes and vegetables dishes.