6 Unit Box Lar de Paula Oak Aged 2017
Elegance is in Altitude
- Year 2017
20-30 years old
Time in Barrel
Suggested temperature for serving
D.O. Ca. Rioja
- Winemaker Jose Antonio Meruelo
The art of combining the values of oak and grapes is not an easy task when it comes to harmonizing them when ageing lasts only few months. Lar de Paula Oak Aged is an example where wood is present in its virtues with its toasted and creamy notes, while the ripe fruit dominates with nuances that evoke blackberry jam.
It comes from the vineyards of barely 20 years, located in the centre of Rioja Alavesa, in El Villar de Alava, with a unique geographical situation, protected from northwest cold winds by the Sierra Cantabria in the north and benefited by the Ebro river microclimate. These are mostly limestone vineyards, which contribute to Tempranillo elegance and definition, with fruity intensity of a good sunshine, which characterizes these Rioja lands.
Made with 100% Tempranillo, harvested by hand, cluster by cluster. After pre-fermentative maceration the grape juice was fermented for 8 days at 26°C to ensure the maximum colour and aroma extraction. It is a perfect term to obtain a moderate colour and tannins extraction, the structure of which allows slight ageing in American oak for 4 months only. A red wine with great aromatic intensity, rich in ripe black fruit nuances. In the mouth it is a fleshy wine with sweet tannins and fruit jam notes.
- Colour Lovely violet red colour.
- Nose Nicely floral with red/black berry fruit (bing cherry), hints of graphite and a touch of dried herbs/grass.
- Palate Flavours of fresh fruit, with a touch of dry grass/hay and well defined, elegant tannins on the finish.
- Food pairing Recommended with rice dishes, meats and most types of traditional Spanish tapas.