6 Unit Box Irache Reserva 2013
El renacer de un vino con historia
- Year 2013
Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Tempranillo
Time in Barrel
Fench oak & american oak
- Winemaker Jean-Marc Sauboua & Benoit Dreyer
Bodegas Irache, located in Ayegui at the foot of Montejurra and two kilometres from the town of Estella, was founded in 1891. It is a family business, although its vineyards had already been supplying wine to the Royal House of Navarre from the 12th century, thanks to the work done for centuries by Benedictine monks at the Monastery of Irache, founded in the 11th century as the first pilgrims’ hospital on the Way of Saint James.
Various periods of growth and development have made Bodegas Irache the renowned market brand that it is today, however, without doubt Jesús Santesteban Arteaga became the true driving force behind the family business when he took charge of the winery in 1951, embarking upon a fully committed long-term trajectory and equipping it with cutting-edge facilities to garner prizes and awards at many international competitions.
Today, the following generations are responsible for continuing this important family legacy.
- Colour Garnet red colour, well covered with light ruby red rim.
- Nose Intense balsamic aroma on a background of fine wood, licorice, applesauce, fig jam.
- Palate Intense but smooth aftertaste, elegant, with no roughness, round, pleasant lingering taste.
- Food pairing Red meats, lamb game stews; roasted meats and a selection of Iberian cold cuts and hard cheeses.