6 Unit Box Irache 1891 Crianza 2016
El renacer de un vino con historia
- Year 2016
Time in Barrel
Time in Bottle
Fench oak & american oak
- Winemaker Jean-Marc Sauboua & Benoit Dreyer
Bodegas Irache, located in Ayegui at the foot of Montejurra and two kilometres from the town of Estella, was founded in 1891. It is a family business, although its vineyards had already been supplying wine to the Royal House of Navarre from the 12th century, thanks to the work done for centuries by Benedictine monks at the Monastery of Irache, founded in the 11th century as the first pilgrims’ hospital on the Way of Saint James.
Various periods of growth and development have made Bodegas Irache the renowned market brand that it is today, however, without doubt Jesús Santesteban Arteaga became the true driving force behind the family business when he took charge of the winery in 1951, embarking upon a fully committed long-term trajectory and equipping it with cutting-edge facilities to garner prizes and awards at many international competitions.
Today, the following generations are responsible for continuing this important family legacy.
- Colour Nice garnet color with violet ruban.
- Nose It ́s intense aroma of ripe red berries keeps a good balance on a background of new barrel.
- Palate Delicate palate, great structure and body with a long and lasting taste.
- Food pairing Excellent with semi-cured cheese, legumes,stews, veal, lamb and ox.