Conde de San Cristobal Crianza 2016
Success is in the details
- Year 2016
D.O. Ca. Rioja
< 3 años
- Winemaker Fidel Fernández Gómez
Awards & accolades
A wine of Pago proud of its origin, since it is made exclusively with grapes from vineyards of the Pago de Valdestremero, where the vineyard was already cultivated in the seventeenth century, when the Spanish Court was in Valladolid.
During the harvest, the time elapsed from the cut of the cluster to the reception of grapes in the cellar is less than 30 minutes, which avoids spontaneous oxidation and fermentation.
The result is a wine of elegant power in all phases and with a lot of personality. It stands out for its great intensity in the nose, its freshness and its roundness in the mouth.
Aged for 12 to 14 months in French oak barrels “haute futaie” and Russian oak of the Caucasus, of different cooperage, with light and medium toast.
- Colour Bright cherry color with violet reflections.
- Nose Intense aroma of ripe red fruits, with mineral and spicy notes.
- Palate Powerful and fruity mouth, with toasted notes of the passage through the barrel. Very elegant and structured.
- Food pairing Cured sheep cheese, roast lamb, grilled lamb ribs, all kinds of grilled meats and sausages.