6 Unit Box Cair Cuveé 2018
- Year 2018
D.O. Ribera del Duero
> 35 Years Old
Time in Barrel
Time in Bottle
12 months minimum
- Winemaker Daniel Martínez Benito
With Cair Cuveé, the goal is to make a fresh wine, very fruity, sweet and tasty. Vineyards with an average age of 25 years are destined for this wine, controlling the yield of the vineyard with a maximum of 4,500 Kg / Ha. This means that wines are obtained fulfilling the objective after being in barrels for 9 months. Tempranillo is accompanied by a percentage of the Merlot variety, produced in the municipality of Moradillo de Roa.
This plot is at 950 m altitude and its leisurely maturation brings freshness, liveliness, complexity. The barrels used are between 1 and 3 years old, except Merlot, which opens a new barrel and is made of French and American oak.
The grapes are picked by hand and placed in small plastic boxes. Upon entering the cellar, the rations are subjected to a manual selection, and then, the individual grapes are classified according to their weight. After this double selection process, they are unpacked and fermented in stainless steel tanks.
The wine is aged in French and American oak barrels for 9 months. Then spend at least 6 months in the bottle to round up their quality.
- Colour High layer and brilliant look; the colour is garnet in the centre and cherry around the edges.
- Nose Complex variety of aromas which combine to give us an intense, sophisticated wine. Initially we can find very ripe berry fruits, smoked victuals, raisins and liquor. After a certain amount of aeration, the cinnamon and jam notes surface.
- Palate Full, with a good presence of the tannins, although these are offset by the glycerine-like character, resulting in a fleshy feel. Long lasting and lingering
- Food pairing This wine goes well with asts, lamb dishes, game and cured ham.