6 Unit Box Artero Reserva 2014
A reference since 1940
- Year 2014
D.O. La Mancha
Merlot, Syrah, Tempranillo
Time in Barrel
Time in Bottle
Fench oak & american oak
Suggested temperature for serving
- Winemaker Bienvenido Muñoz Pollo
Artero Reserva is a red wine of the Denomination of origin of La Mancha prepared to be a “reserva” with a longer ageing in oak. Without losing its fruit attributes, it adds the smoky nuances of ageing that are reached during 16 months in a barrel. The composition is 80% American and 20% French oak. The varieties are Tempranillo, Merlot, Syrah, a sort that best extracts the creamy compounds of the French barrel added to the spices of the American. Thanks to 12 months of ageing in the bottle, the wine projects an expression of ripe black fruit and slightly toasted notes of the roasted oak, both very well assembled. The wine has some memories of wild herbs and a balsamic point, which gives it a certain complexity and flavour.
- Colour Dark cherry colour with a surrounding outline of cherry red.
- Nose Well-balanced, with pleasant toasted notes. Clean aromas of cherry, plum, raisin, bay leaves and eucalyptus.
- Palate It is silky, with ripe fruit flavours along with notes of spices, coffee, and a bit of vanilla and cinnamon. The tannins melt and the finish is persistent.
- Food pairing Combines with roast meats and stews, legumes and ripe cheeses.