6 Unit Box Artero Crianza 2015
A reference since 1940
- Year 2015
D.O. La Mancha
Time in Bottle
Minimum 2 months
French oak & american oak
Suggested temperature for serving
- Winemaker Bienvenido Muñoz Pollo
Awards & accolades
Artero Crianza is a brave assembly of two early varieties such as Merlot and Tempranillo at 50% growing under La Mancha merciless sun which requires special care in the maturation process of these two breeds. It comes from the selection of own vineyards of 35 years that in these lands can be considered old.
The clusters had the stems removed with maceration at 15°C pre-fermentation during 24 hours. Later the grapes were placed into the stainless steel tanks being put into the barrel with grape juice and its skin for 10 days. After this process, the wine was aged in 20% French and 80% American oak barrels and for 6 months at temperatures ranging from 13-16°C. Finally, the wine is matured in the bottle 2 more months. The final result gave a wine of beautiful maroon cherry color with a fruity bouquet and taste with oak spice.
- Colour Intense, brilliant and clean ruby colour.
- Nose Intense and complex aroma with hints of ripe fruits, toasted aromas, pepper and balsamic notes.
- Palate Round, warm, very well balanced with a persistent finish.
- Food pairing Roasts, grilled meats, legumes and medium and strong cheeses.