6 Unit Box Altos de Rioja Tempranillo 2018
Boutique winegrower inspired by Terroir
- Year 2018
D.O. Ca. Rioja
10-20 years old
Time in Barrel
Time in Bottle
Minimum 6 months
80% french oak, 20% american oak
Suggested temperature for serving
- Winemaker Jean Marc – Sauboua & Héctor Gómez
10%//= $badge_top_text_1; ?>**
Awards & accolades
Its objective is to combine its variety primary values and those acquired in the short 6-month ageing process in oak. It comes from 20-year-old vineyards, an age that already begins to highlight Tempranillo varietal features. Vineyards located on the highest level of Rioja Alavesa, on the slopes of the Sierra Cantabria, in Laguardia, Elvillar and Kripan, in the Rioja Alavesa heart of the best ‘earthy taste’.
Made with 100% Tempranillo, harvested by hand, cluster by cluster. Later pre-fermentative cold 4-day maceration at 8°C was carried out, followed by alcoholic fermentation with rigorous temperature controls between 25-28°C. The wine was aged in 80% French and 20% American oak barrels for 6 months, time allowing to save fruit and variety values, completing the process with a 4-month maturation in the bottle.
It has a cherry colour with young violet edges, with ripe fruit aroma and slight spicy notes of ageing in oak. It is potent, fruity and delicious.
- Colour Nice violet red colour, medium dar.
- Nose Good aromatic intensity with berry fruit (blueberry) and a touch of herbs/grass.
- Palate Fresh, medium bodied with flavours in line with the nose, showing fresh fruit and the herby character common to many Alavesa reds.
- Food pairing This wine goes well with vegetable soups, pastas, fresh vegetables, most kind of tapas and young cheeses.