6 Unit Box Pago de Cirsus Gran Cuvée Especial 2019
Single vineyard with its own appellation
- Year 2019
Suggested temperature for serving
- Winemaker Jean-Marc Sauboua & Gurutze Gaztelumendi
Pago de Cirsus Rosé Gran Cuvée Especial is a rule-breaking rose wine as 5,000-litre oak tubs are used in order to free aromas with slight micro-oxygenation that occurs in these deposits. It is a rosé wine from Bolandín lands in Ablitas of Navarra. On its territory young vineyards are grown, with an average age of 20 years, located at 400 meters above sea level, with 4,000 kg per hectare average production and very low 1.60 kg yield per grape stock. The climate is extreme continental, with very cold winters and long and dry summers. Made with Tempranillo and Syrah, the grapes were selected by hand, cluster by cluster, in 15 kg boxes. Cold pre-fermentative maceration was carried out at 5°C and alcoholic fermentation was done at low temperature. Later the wine was aged in French oak tubs with 3-months ageing on its lees.
It is an outstanding rose wine, presented in a dark bottle, which demonstrates its attractive raspberry maroon colour in the wine glass, with red fruits bouquet, with lees complexity and volume, giving a greasy, elegant and fluid touch in the mouth.
- Colour Bright pink colour.
- Nose Aromas of tropical varieties, pineapple, mango, cherry and strawbery; very fruity.
- Palate Well-balanced to the palate, rounded with good acidity, smooth and pleasant.
- Food pairing Aperitifs, salads, white fish dishes, soft cheeses made with cow’s milk, Brie, Camembert.