Get it with 4250 Avios
6 Unit Box Lar de Paula Limited Edition 2019
Elegance is in Altitude
- Year 2019
D.O. Ca. Rioja
Time in Barrel
Time in Bottle
Minimum 6 months
Suggested temperature for serving
- Winemaker Jose Antonio Meruelo
Get it with 8925 Avios
The great Rioja white wines have a preferred origin: Rioja Alavesa. First and foremost, due to its vineyards lower yields and the historic Malvasia incorporation. With this grape, which adds volume, structure and its wild touch, and in combination with Viura grape a larger depth and complexity wine is achieved. Its barrel fermentation condition allows the performance of the fine lees that merge with the spice oak molecules. The vineyards are 20-year-old, which is a sufficient age to show their varietal characteristics. Its limestone soils add fineness and expression.
Made with a greater percentage of Malvasia and some Viura, the grape for the wine was harvested by hand, cluster by cluster. After selection process, the grapes had their stems removed, followed by 24-hour cold maceration. The grapes were gently pressed and directly placed into new French and American oak barrels for slow alcoholic fermentation for 25 days. Later it was aged in new American oak barrels for 80 days with its lees periodically stirred to intensify its aromas, which, together with the wood, gave the wine complexity without losing the balance.
The wine has a bright straw colour, and is characterized by an intense complex aroma with notes of white flowers, dried herbs and smoky nuances of oak, well combined with ripe white fruit. The entry in the mouth is soft and fresh with a well-integrated acidity, wide and tasty palate, leaving a pleasant and fresh aftertaste.
- Colour Pale strawberry-hued centre with high intensity, which is achieved in a rosé made by the traditional method of drawing off the must through gravity.
- Nose Intense fruit aromas, with a predominance of strawberry and banana.
- Palate Fresh with red fruit flavours. Slightly smoky, with texture, weight and volume. Balanced with good acidity.
- Food pairing Seasonal salads, light tapas, steamed and grilled fish and some chicken dishes.