6 Unit Box Val de Vid Verdejo 2018
Top selling Premium Verdejo
- Year 2018
- Winemaker José Antonio Merayo
10%//= $badge_top_text_1; ?>**
Val de Vid Verdejo is the expression of this Castilian vine, capable of identifying itself varietally even with few cultivation years. That is why Bodegas Val de Vid considered that the vineyards with an average age of 23 years are enough to offer a monovarietal Verdejo wine.
Made with 100% Verdejo, the clusters carried out skin maceration for between 6 and 12 hours at a very low temperature in order to extract from the skin all grape properties that pulp lacks, as well to enhance the sensations in the mouth. Its fermentation took place at low temperatures, 14-16°C, which helped maintain and intensify the varietal character. After the fermentation, the wines were kept in contact with fine lees, to enhance wine structure, providing fatty acids and more extensive and glyceric sensations in the mouth.
The wine demonstrates a beautiful straw colour, with a fruity aroma, with slight floral nuances and dry herbs, with a delicious taste in the mouth, its variety bitter features, yet, with some fresh acidity.
- Colour Medium intensity straw yellow colour with deep green reflections. Bright and well presented.
- Nose Intense; fleshy white fruit (pear, apple) and tropical fruit predominate. Touches of herbs (hay, fennel), balsamic echoes and an aniseed-flavoured background with notes of white flowers.
- Palate Fresh, elegant and smooth, but well structured. Tasty, aromatic and with easy entry into the mouth. Complex and persistent end with pleasantly bitter touches as is typical of this variety.
- Food pairing Perfect for rice dishes, smoked fish, salads, pastas with white sauces and white meats.