6 Unit Box Gorka Izagirre Txakoli 2019
Redifining Basque White Wine
- Year 2019
D.O. Bizkaiko Txakolina
Hondarribi Zerratia, Hondarribi Zuri
Suggested temperature for serving
- Winemaker José Ramón Calvo
Awards & accolades
Gorka Izagirre White Wine, is born at a 21-hectare vineyard, made of 10 plots from six municipalities belonging to the Appellation of Origin. These are vineyards of different reliefs, some of which are situated on steep slopes that sometimes reach 30% inclination.
The wine is created with the native varieties such as 50% Hondarrabi Zuri and 50% Hondarrabi Zerratia, in very small clusters that weight between 100 and 120 gr, which is not typical. The grape was selected by hand, cluster by cluster, in boxes of 15 kg. Once in the winery, the grapes had their stems removed and criomaceration in inert atmosphere took place, prior to the following pneumatic pressing at low pressure. Later grape sediment static removal was performed and grape juice most virgin part alcoholic fermentation was carried out for 16 days at low temperature at 14°C in stainless steel tanks. After the alcoholic fermentation, the wines were stirred. In Gorka Izagirre, only Hondarrabi Zerratia variety was subjected to short ageing on lees for 2.5 months to give it volume and length in the mouth. After the ageing, the wines were mixed, and, finally, then they were bottled.
It has bright straw colour. Aroma with fine lees memories, infusion herbs, pretty floral. On the palate the wine is fruity, elegant, with good acidity.
- Colour Nice, yellow straw-coloured, with a green shine and metallic iridescence.
- Nose A highly intense aroma. It combines a base of fresh apple and balsamic wrap with touches of linden flower and a subtle hint of citrus.
- Palate It has perfectly integrated acidity, which leaves you with a slightly tart aftertaste. Very lively with body, long aftertaste.
- Food pairing Perfect with Basque pintxos and seafood, being also a delicious accompaniment to white meats.