Rolland Galarreta Rueda 2017
France meets Spain
- Year 2017
entre 20 y 25 años
- Winemaker Michael Rolland
10%//= $badge_top_text_1; ?>**
Awards & accolades
Verdejo is the business card of Rueda Appellation, a white wine zone, which in recent years has come to into fashion thanks to this grape personality, unparalleled to other not only Spanish but also foreign wines. There Rolland-Galarreta tandem examined which vineyards offered the most identifiable grape stock traits according to their location and age. They found it in an 80-hectare vineyard located 700 meters above sea level between Serrada and Rueda, with poor soils and scarce yields that do not eclipse the variety character.
Elaborated with 100% Verdejo, the grape juice was cold macerated along with the skins for 8 hours to enhance the variety characteristic aromas. The fermentation was carried out at 16°C, which helped to maintain and intensify the aromas. The wine remained in contact with its lees to provide its voluminous structure and glyceric sensations in the mouth. All this combined with this variety fruity and bitter characteristics results in a wine of good constitution, elegant in its entirety and persistent in the mouth.
- Colour Bright straw yellow colour.
- Nose A fine, fresh, aromatic nose with tropical fruits followed by melon, mineral and floral aromas. Complex and intense.
- Palate Crisp and round, with a dominance of tropical fruits and citrus notes. It displays an impeccably balanced acidity, outstanding depth and volume, giving way to a persistent and ample finish.
- Food pairing Seafood and fish dishes, rice, pasta and white meats.