Pazo Señorans Selección de Añada 2010
Best Spanish wine
- Year 2010
D.O. Rías Baixas
> 45 años
Time in Barrel
Minimum 30 months
Time in Bottle
Minimum 12 months
- Winemaker Ana I. Quintela
10%//= $badge_top_text_1; ?>**
Awards & accolades
Pazo de Señorans Selección de Añada is exquisiteness culmination, pretty intrepid, since only best harvests, capable of ageing in deposit with their lees, can be selected. A wine designed to mature in the bottle for a long time and to evolve. For this reason the grape is to come from very special plots located in Los Bancales, granitic and sandy soils, able to absorb Galicia rainfall, with the roots taking not more than necessary amount of water. It is only possible in certain plots, on 12 hectares in total.
Made with 100% Albariño, the grape was selected by hand in the very vineyard and there the grapes that did not meet the right conditions were discarded. It was transported in small plastic boxes to the wine cellar and then underwent clusters film maceration prior to its fermentation in order to obtain more aromas and a stronger character, followed by controlled alcoholic fermentation at 16 degrees.
The wine remained in deposits on its own lees for 30 months, followed by 12-month of bottle ageing. The result is a wine with great volume, fatty, potent, with fine reduction elegance of in the bottle. A wine for ageing.
- Colour Bright straw yellow with greenish reflections.
- Nose High intensity and marked varietal character.
- Palate Friendly palate, without edges, with a well defined volume until retronasal.
- Food pairing Recommended with a wide variety of dishes beyond shellfish and crustaceans, including foie gras, strong and smoked cheeses, white meat, fish, lightly spiced rice and some types of pasta in white sauce.