6 Unit Box Pago de Cirsus Chardonnay Barrel Fermented 2017
Single vineyard with its own appellation
- Year 2017
Time in Barrel
Time in Bottle
100% french oak
- Winemaker Jean-Marc Sauboua & Gurutze Gaztelumendi
10%//= $badge_top_text_1; ?>**
Awards & accolades
Pago de Cirsus White Chardonnay “Fermentado en Barrica” comes from Bolandín land with average age of 20 years vineyards. The whole property is 400 meters above sea level, with an average production of 4,000 kg per hectare and 1.65 kg yield per grape stock. The grape was selected by hand, cluster by cluster, in 15 kg boxes, followed by a cold pre-fermentattive maceration at 5°C. Made with 100% Chardonnay grape. Once the alcoholic fermentation takes place in the stainless steel tanks with thermal control at 16°C, the wine goes to new French oak barrels from Allier to perform 9-month ageing on its lees with batonage to fuse the aromatic principles of the oak with the fine lees, and, thus, provide a richer aromas range and complexity, increasing the fatty touch. The colour is highlighted thanks to its transparency and yellow shade, with a smoky and ripe fruit aroma, with slight hay and mango notes. In the mouth it is fatty, with volume,a smoked and lightly toasted aftertaste, with good acidity and warm mouth-filling.
- Colour Bright yellow straw colour.
- Nose Aromas of tropical varieties, pineapple, mango, very fruity.
- Palate Well-balanced to the palate, rounded with good acidity, smooth and pleasant.
- Food pairing Aperitifs, salads, white fish dishes, soft cheeses made with cow’s milk, Brie, Camembert.