6 Unit Box Condesa Eylo Verdejo 2019
- Year 2019
Suggested temperature for serving
- Winemaker José Antonio Merayo
Awards & accolades
Condesa de Eylo Verdejo White Wine comes from Serrada, in the very heart of Rueda Appellation. It is a wine that is a true Verdejo portrait with its particular flavour. The 35-year-old vineyards on gravelly soils represent the area ecosystem.
Made with 100% Verdejo grape. The harvest was scheduled according to each vineyard plots maturation time. The harvest and plots selection rapidity were achieved thanks to harvesting machines, which allowed to collect each day those vineyards harvest that reached its ideal measures and could better demonstrate the variety image. The harvest was carried out at night in order to avoid grape juice oxidation. The grape juice skin maceration was carried out for 6-12 hours at a temperature of 6-8°C. Thanks to this maceration, a greater varietal character extraction as well as an increase of sensations in the mouth were obtained. The fermentation took place at low temperatures, 14-16°C, which helped maintain and intensify the varietal character. After fermentation the wines were kept in contact with fine lee in order to enhance wine structural characteristics providing fatty acids and more extensive and glyceric sensations in the mouth.
A Verdejo wine, fruity, aromatic, wrapping, silky and fine. With long passage in mouth.
- Colour Medium intensity straw yellow colour with deep green reflections. Bright and well presented.
- Nose Intense; fleshy white fruit (pear, apple) and tropical fruit predominate. Touches of herbs (hay, fen- nel), balsamic echoes and an aniseed-flavoured background with notes of white flowers.
- Palate Fresh, elegant and smooth, but well structured. Tasty, aromatic and with easy entry into the mouth. Complex and persistent end with pleasantly bitter touches as is typical of this variety.
- Food pairing Perfect for rice dishes, smoked fish, salads, pastas with white sauces and white meats.