Camino del Peregrino Albariño 2018
Best Spanish wine
- Year 2018
D.O. Rías Baixas
> 35 Years Old
Time in Bottle
Minimum 5 months
- Winemaker Ana I. Quintela
Camino del Peregrino Albariño is born on vineyards plots with an approximate age of 30 years, located 5 kilometers from the winery and 8 kilometers from the Atlantic Ocean. The soils of the vineyards are granite and sandy and cover a 12-hectare area, taking advantage of such a moderate Atlantic climate.
This wine is made with 100% Albariño. The grape was harvested by hand with selection in the very vineyard and there the grapes that did not meet the right conditions were discarded. It was transported in small plastic boxes to the wine cellar and then underwent clusters film maceration prior to its fermentation in order to get more aromas and a stronger character, followed by controlled alcoholic fermentation at 16 degrees. The wine was kept for 4 months with its fine lees to obtain the necessary volume, balanced with its acidity. After 4 months of bottling it is ready to be presented to the market.
- Colour A superb straw-coloured Albariño with green tinge.
- Nose Aromas of ripe fruit with hints of apple, pineapple, citrus fruit and floral aromas arising after a few minutes.
- Palate It is round and well-balanced with great length and a lingering finish.
- Food pairing Ideally paired with seafood, white meats, light pastas, young cheeses and fresh vegetables.