6 Unit Box Altos de Rioja 2019
Boutique winegrower inspired by Terroir
- Year 2019
D.O. Ca. Rioja
10-20 years old
Time in Barrel
Suggested temperature for serving
- Winemaker Jean – Marc Sauboua & Héctor Gómez
Altos de Rioja is also the brand of its wonderful wines, such as this white wine of 40-year-old vineyards that extend in the highest levels of Rioja Alavesa, on Cantabria mountain range slopes, in Laguardia, Elvillar and Kripan municipalities, in the Rioja Alavesa heart of the best ‘earthy taste’.
Made with 60% Viura and 40% Malvasia, the grape was selected by hand in the very vineyard and there the grapes that did not meet the right conditions were discarded. The grape was chosen berry by berry before being subjected to 20-day alcoholic fermentation at a lower-than-usual temperature, between 12 and 16 degrees. 40% of the production was placed in 80% French oak barrels, which provides creamy and fine smoked notes, and 20% American oak, which gives more forest and spicy nuances. The whole process lasts for 4 months. Later it was mixed with the wine stored in the steel tank, so that the assembly allowed to preserve fruit nuances, on the one side, and spicy notes, on the other. When bottled, it should be matured for 4 months more in its glass containers before going to the market. The result is a fruity wine, with dried flowers and wild herbs memories.
- Colour Clean and bright, with greyish hues at the edge.
- Nose Intense fresh floral aromas that give way to white fruits like pears and tropical fruits.
- Palate Dry with just enough acidity to make it fresh and lively with a structured and tasty finish of ripe fruit.
- Food pairing This wine goes well with grilled fish, fresh vegetables, salads as well as an aperitif.