Cair Selección la Aguilera 2015
- Year 2015
D.O. Ribera del Duero
> 70 years
Time in Barrel
Time in Bottle
12 months minimum
- Winemaker Daniel Martínez Benito
Awards & accolades
The Cair Selección La Aguilera wine has been made using grapes harvested in the vineyards distributed in the towns of Quintana de Pidio, Moradillo de la Roa and La Aguilera. These farms have strains located at more than 800 meters of altitude, with more than 45 years and located on poor soils composed of clays, limestone, sand and gravel.
The harvest is done manually in small and perforated boxes of 11 kg, so the grapes are kept in perfect condition and with ventilation. The grapes pass through a cold room at only 5ºC to stop any fermentation start and perform a cold film maceration. Double table selection for clusters and grains, selecting only those that are in good condition. Make a first controlled fermentation and thus be able to extract all the aroma, structure and color of the grapes. The malolactic is done in new and second-use oak barrels.
14 months of ageing in new barrels. Once the aging is finished, it is left to rest for a minimum of 12 months in the bottle before its commercialization.
- Colour Black cherry with good depth of colour.
- Nose An intense nose of fine wood, leather, cigar box, dark chocolate & fruit combine with sweet tannins to produce a beautifully balanced, elegant red wine.
- Palate Full and powerful on the attack with good balance. A meaty, juicy mouth feel with sweet tannins. Long, lingering finish.
- Food pairing This wine pairs well with ta- pas dishes, grilled red meats and hard cheeses.