Gorka Izagirre Ilun 2019
Redifining Basque White Wine
- Year 2019
D.O. Bizkaiko Txakolina
- Winemaker José Ramón Calvo
ILUN is the latest creation from the Gorka Izagirre winery, our red wine. Made entirely with the little-known indigenous variety Hondarrabi Beltza, it stands out for its freshness, uniqueness and its pure Atlantic character. ILUN ‘dark’ and ‘god of the night’ in Basque takes us to a little-known part of the world of txakoli, to a place that was forgotten, and that little by little is recovering its place.
It is perfect to taste both with sausages, white meats and fish.
A wine that will surprise you.
- Colour Light in color, it has a cherry red color with a beautiful violet rim. It has a high aromatic intensity, marking from the beginning the typicity of the variety and its Atlantic origin.
- Nose Its herbaceous nature is covered by aromas of red fruits such as currants, raspberries and with an elegant spicy point.
- Palate The entrance is light and very friendly, with a smooth and velvety mid palate. The perfectly balanced mouth is full of red fruit and herbaceous flavors with a fresh balsamic finish.
- Food pairing This wine goes well with sausages, white meats and fish, and with any kind of spicy foods.