Amaren El Cristo de Samaniego 2017
Old vines, modern wines
- Year 2017
100% French Oak
D.O. Ca. Rioja
Suggested temperature for serving
Time in Barrel
Time in Bottle
Minimum 18 months
> 80 years old
- Winemaker Fidel Fernández Gómez
EL CRISTO was the first vineyard planted at such an altitude in the area, since all the other existing vines are young, having been planted in the last 15 years. Its location in height, physically bordering the Sierra de Cantabria forest, provide a great uniqueness to its fruits.
Three small terraces where grapes are grown that have to coexist with a hostile climate marked by strong winds and cold temperatures, resulting in a fresh, intense wine with lively acidity and great aging capacity.
- Colour Cherry red tones with high robe.
- Nose Fine, elegant and complex in the nose with good concentration of black fruit, subtle touches of creamy oak as well as hints of roasted coffee and minerals.
- Palate It is full-bodied, fleshy and elegant, with plenty of complexity and power. This wine shows black fruit jam and liquorice, firm structure and a long, delicious and persistent finish.
- Food pairing This wine goes well with red meats, stews, game, cured cheeses or fatty fishes.